Friday, February 17, 2017

Planning for Spring  - February 17, 2017

This has been a strange winter here in mid-Michigan.  Most winters we don’t see much of the ground at all because it is usually covered with snow.  Not so this year!   I am looking out the window now and I see no snow at all, not even a small patch out in the fields.  The grass in our yard is turning green.  How can that be in February in Michigan?   The weather is so warm there is fear the fruit trees may begin to bud and that could mean a really bad year for fruit farmers and those of us who love fruit!

All this made me begin to think about my spring and summer wardrobe.  After a quick look in my closet, I decided I need to get busy sewing if I am going to have anything to wear this spring.   I thought about doing another 12-piece coordinated wardrobe like I did for the fall and winter, but decided against it.  I don’t want to put myself under another set of deadlines and I really don’t have enough time to make 12 pieces before spring.  So, I am going to start with just one item and try to make sure I already have something in my closet that will coordinate with it.
I found some navy blue fabric in my stash that I can use to make pants.  I plan to use the same pattern I used to make pants for the coordinated wardrobe that I made last year.  That was Fit for Art’s “Eureka! Pants that Fit” pattern.  This should go quickly because there should be no fitting issues.  I will let you know how the project goes.

After the pants I think I will make a skirt.  My dilemma here is whether to use fabric I like or whether I allow myself to be influenced by my husband.  I love the man dearly, but we have different opinions about fashion as well as other things.  I love large print fabric for summer skirts and he hates it.  He likes the more subdued solid colors.  What to do; what to do?  I think I will shop for fabric and if I don’t find a print I like, then I will go with a solid color, but it may not be subdued!

I also need fabric for some summer blouses, so I am off to the fabric store to see what I can find.  I have some fabric I can use in my stash, but I will also need to purchase some to coordinate with what I have. 


Have you started sewing for summer?  Good luck with any of your projects and have fun with sewing!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment