Sunday, April 22, 2018


          
Wine Pants and Navy T-shirt


I finally finished the wine pants and the navy print t-shirt.  Neither were difficult to sew  I just have not been home long enough to do any serious amount of sewing.   A picture of these two items is shown below. 



Before writing this, I took a look at my previous posts to see if I am making timely progress on the 12-piece wardrobe.  I am not!  I have completed only four items:  3 bottom pieces and 1 top.  The weather has finally changed in Michigan.  We have had two days in a row of good weather.  It looks like summer may truly be on the way this time and I still have 8 pieces of the wardrobe to make. 

In the midst of this need to sew more, I am also trying to learn to use my new sewing machine.  I signed up for five weeks of classes at Country Stitches on Thursday nights.  I much prefer daytime classes, but those classes are scheduled for Wednesdays and that conflicts with one of my sewing groups.  So, I had no choice but to go on Thursday nights.  I went to the first scheduled class and everything went well.  However, the instructor made an announcement that if anyone missed a class, they would not be able to continue the next week.  The only option would be to enroll in the next series of classes.  

Of course, I thought that would not be a problem for me because I would make these classes top priority and would not miss any.  Last Thursday morning I checked my calendar and told my husband I would be attending the class at 6:00 p.m.  Little did I know my brain would get screwed up before then!  .

We made a trip to Joann Fabrics to purchase some Vogue patterns that were on sale.  They were $4.99 each instead of the usual $15 - $25.  I did not want to miss that bargain!

After purchasing the patterns, we went to Sears and purchased a stove and microwave.  After that, we ate lunch and finally returned home.  I then had to hurry to start preparations for our dinner.  I had beans soaking and I rinsed them and got them boiling so I could make baked beans.  I peeled potatoes and got a dish of scalloped potatoes and ham ready for the oven.  My last task was to make coleslaw.  Finally, dinner was ready and we sat down to eat about 6:30 p.m.  My husband and I enjoyed our dinner and after cleaning the kitchen, we went to the living room and watched some television.  

I thought my day had been very productive and I was satisfied with my accomplishments.  Then a light bulb in my head suddenly went on and I realized I missed my sewing machine class!  Nothing I accomplished was worth missing that class.  Now I have to wait until May 24th to start the class over.  

My husband felt nearly as bad as I did.  The next day he looked at the calendar and made a list of things I needed to do.  I appreciate his effort, but I am not sure that is going to work.  After all, I checked the calendar last Thursday morning and still got distracted and forgot to go to class.  I am not sure if this forgetfulness is an age-related thing or is it a sign I love to eat more than I love to sew.  I really think I got distracted by the food!  I know I don’t enjoy cooking more than sewing, but I am not sure about eating.

My next project for the 12-piece wardrobe is a white jacket.  I am using Vogue pattern V9176.  I will tell you more about that in my next post.

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment