Friday, May 4, 2018

So Many Projects to Sew!

The 12-piece summer wardrobe is still progressing, but I am sewing several projects at the same time.  I just finished a baby gift.  I made a set of 49 flannel baby wipes.  I used 7-inch squares of flannel and serged around the edges.  Then I used a large needle to weave the thread tails back into the stitching.  Now I just need to make a gift bag for the baby wipes.

Yesterday during the Wednesday sewing session at Stoney's house, I started a project with Pam.  She has sewn for many years, but doesn't make clothes for herself.  She likes to quilt, make purses and do needlework and other hand sewing.  I convinced her she should start making clothes.  She agreed to make a sweatshirt if I would help her fit it and be available to guide her through the process.  She is using Vogue V9244 designed by Marci Tilton.  A picture of the front and back of the sweatshirt is shown below.




I am thinking of making one for myself so we could work on the individual steps of the pattern together.  Yesterday, we went over the pattern so Pam would know what to expect.  We also made a copy of the pattern from Swedish tracing paper in the size closest to her measurements.  Next Wednesday, Pam will try on the pinned together pieces of the pattern to determine if any adjustments are needed.  After we make any necessary adjustments, Pam will be ready to cut her sweatshirt.

The Lansing Chapter of the American Sewing Guild's neighborhood group, Sew Styling, is currently working on making coats and jackets.  So, this sweatshirt Pam is making will qualify her to enter the  Chapter's yearly Sewing Challenge in October.   To qualify for this event, a member must be inspired to make something that was discussed during a presentation at a monthly chapter meeting, class, or neighborhood group.   The member's name then goes into a drawing for prizes at the October meeting.  It is always fun and interesting to see the different items submitted and the challenge is a good incentive to keep all of us sewing and learning new things!

As for my 12-piece summer wardrobe, I am currently working on a white jacket from Vogue pattern V9176.  I hope I will be able to show you the completed garment soon.

How are your sewing projects coming?  If you would like to share what projects you are sewing or comment on mine, please click on the "No Comments" red line at the bottom of this post and a section will open where you can post your comment.  If comments have already been made, just click on the line that shows the number of comments and the same section will open where you can post a comment.


Judy




No comments:

Post a Comment