Saturday, October 27, 2018


Having Fun with Craft Projects   

After finishing my “accidental” coat, I decided I would work on a small craft project before returning to sewing clothes.  I decided to make some potholders and I had the perfect book for that.  In August while browsing in Country Stitches, I purchased Pot Holders for All Seasons by Chris Malone.  There were some cute potholders illustrated and the best part was there would be no fitting required.  No fitting definitely takes the stress out of sewing!  This was the project I needed to keep sewing, but relax a little at the same time.

I am going to use the potholders for a hostess gift at Thanksgiving.  I found the perfect pair to fit the situation in Potholders for All Seasons.   I chose “Riblets” for my first potholder.  It is a pig and is on page 19 in the book.  My hostess collects pig figurines and her husband is a pig farmer.  I chose “Catch of the Day” for the second potholder.  It is a fish and is on page 33 in the book.  My hostess and her family love to fish, so I think the fish will work well, too. 

Pictures of the two potholders and the front of the book are shown below.





My next clothing project will be a shirt for my husband.  My first step will be to fit a pattern to him.  I will let you know how that goes. 

I hope your projects are going well.  Keep sewing!  It is good exercise for the brain.

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment