Mimi and Me Aprons - June 23, 2017
I finally finished the two aprons I mentioned in my May 31st posting. May and June were busy months for me, so I did not accomplish all the sewing projects I planned. Most of them will still get done, just not as soon as intended.
For the aprons I used Simplicity Pattern No. 2691. I made two changes to the pattern. The pattern called for a pocket and a pocket band. I did not use the pocket band. I simply cut the pocket the size of the original pocket with the band. Then I had only one piece instead of two and the pocket was still the same size as if I had used both pieces. I also added the lettering on the aprons with my Pfaff Creative Vision Pro sewing machine.
The aprons are reversible and are made from 100 per cent cotton. After I made the aprons, I realized I should make two more aprons. There are two more “me’s” in the family and I don’t want to leave them out. They enjoy cooking with Mimi, too. So, I will add that to my list of future projects. I will try to refrain from mailing the aprons to my daughter, Loretta, until I finished the other two. Then she can give the aprons to all three of her grandchildren at the same time.
Hopefully, I can work on some of my unfinished projects today. I hope you are making progress with yours!