Friday, June 23, 2017

Mimi and Me Aprons  -  June 23, 2017

I finally finished the two aprons I mentioned in my May 31st posting.  May and June were busy months for me, so I did not accomplish all the sewing projects I planned.  Most of them will still get done, just not as soon as intended.  

For the aprons I used Simplicity Pattern No. 2691.  I made two changes to the pattern.   The pattern called for a pocket and a pocket band.  I did not use the pocket band.  I simply cut the pocket the size of the original pocket with the band.  Then I had only one piece instead of two and the pocket was still the same size as if I had used both pieces.  I also added the lettering on the aprons with my Pfaff Creative Vision Pro sewing machine.

The aprons are reversible and are made from 100 per cent cotton.  After I made the aprons, I realized I should make two more aprons.  There are two more “me’s” in the family and I don’t want to leave them out.  They enjoy cooking with Mimi, too.  So, I will add that to my list of future projects.  I will try to refrain from mailing the aprons to my daughter, Loretta, until I finished the other two.  Then she can give the aprons to all three of her grandchildren at the same time.




Hopefully, I can work on some of my unfinished projects today.  I hope you are making progress with yours!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment