Thursday, October 4, 2018


12th Piece of Coordinated Wardrobe is Finished!  -

Finally, this project is complete!  I enjoyed making the wardrobe, but I am glad is it done.  I was always pushing to meet some self-imposed deadline for completing each piece.  Other responsibilities kept getting in the way of my deadlines.  Those other responsibilities were probably much more important than just completing an article of clothing to post on my blog.  On the other hand, I do take my commitment to my blog seriously.  So, I had to find a way to meet all my responsibilities.  

Anyway, the wardrobe is complete.  Now let me tell you about the 12th piece.  It is a simple, beige jacket with no closures.  It should go with everything.  The pattern is McCall’s M5668.    The jacket has princess seams with slits at the sides and three-quarter length sleeves with slits.  The center fronts are self-faced and the sleeves are lined.  Pictures of the pattern envelope and the finished jacket are shown below.




I had not used this pattern previously, so I spent a lot of time fitting it.  I made two muslins before I started the final jacket!  I hope eventually my fitting skills will get better and I will not spend so much time fitting new patterns.  Of course, it would help if I would use the same patterns and just change them a little.  This is something I intend to do in the future!  I used fabric for the jacket from my stash.  I have no idea where I bought the fabric or exactly what the fabric is.  I know it is mostly cotton, but it does have just a little stretch.  I also had fabric in my stash for the lining.  The only item not in my stash was the pattern. 

Tomorrow I will post an article showing the total number of outfits I can make from the 12 pieces in the wardrobe. 

Until then, I wish you luck on all of your sewing projects. 

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment