Thursday, September 29, 2022

 

Yikes, My Pants Don’t Fit!

I recently made two pants while at the Lansing Clippers sewing retreat in Shipshewana, Indiana.  I cut them from the same pattern I have used for several years.  However, I lost a little weight after the start of covid, so I altered the pattern at that time.  I tried them on today in order to turn up the hems on them.  What a shock!  I could barely zip them up and it was almost impossible to sit down.   Looks like I found the weight I lost! 

Fall is here and winter is fast approaching, so I need pants.  Do I reach into the back of my closet and retrieve the pants I was wearing two years ago or do I make new ones?  I struggled with that question before I decided to give myself a few weeks to see if I can lose those pounds once again.

This is probably a good time to inspect my wardrobe and see what additions I need to make.  I will try on some of my older pants and see if I can make them do until I can either make new, larger pants or lose some weight.  This will also be a good time to check my shirts and blouses to make sure they fit and coordinate with the pants I have. I   My jackets and coats need to be checked for wear and tear.  Maybe some of those need to be replaced, too. 

Actually, this is a good time of year for all of us to check our wardrobes to see what additions we need.  That way, we can plan what to sew instead of just sewing whatever gets our attention.  If we plan ahead, we can have a more diverse wardrobe with more pieces that coordinate. 

If you are moving your summer clothes to a different closet and moving your fall and winter clothes back into your main closet, this is an excellent time to check to see if any of your garments need repair.  Put those that need buttons sewed, zippers replaced or any other repairs in your sewing room with a sticky note detailing what needs to be done. 

I did make one top while I was at retreat and it still fits.  I made it from a piece of  brown sweater knit I purchased from Zinks Fabric in Ligonier, Indiana.  A picture of that is shown below.

 


Well, I wish you luck in going through your wardrobe.  I hope you will plan to sew some exciting new pieces for yourself. 

Judy

#sewing #planforadditionstowardrobe

2 comments:

  1. Today I purchased fabric to create 2 long sleeve Henley's and 2 long sleeve T shirts as additions to my fall and Winter wardrobe in Shipshawana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a fun time in Shipshewana, Jen. I am looking forward to seeing those finished shirts at an ASG guild meeting!

    ReplyDelete