Sunday, July 23, 2023

 

 Black Lace Bargain

During a recent trip to Shipshewana, Indiana, my husband offered to take me to Zinck’s Fabrics in Ligonier.   I really didn’t need any fabric, but what sewer can turn down an opportunity to visit a fabric store?  And with Zinck’s, you never know what bargain you might find.  When we arrived, I told my husband I would only be there a few minutes.  So, he waited in the car while I went in for a quick look.  He waited and waited and finally I emerged with a large bag of fabric I didn’t know I needed until I saw it!

My best bargain from that trip was an entire bolt of black lace.  What will I do with all that lace?  I am not sure, but it was a bargain for only $10!  I started by making a red tee shirt.   The lace has just a little stretch, so I figured it would work with a knit fabric.  I cut apart my tee shirt pattern so I could have a front and back yoke.  I cut the yokes from the red knit and overlaid both of them with the black lace.  I cut the sleeves from the lace only.  I used the red knit fabric for the band around the neckline.   

This is just the beginning of my attempt to find uses for a whole bolt of black lace!  We will see what I come up with next.  It may take a while, but I believe I can at least make a dent in the bolt.

I am not sure what my next project will be, but I do know I don’t need any fabric.  I have a large stash right here in my home.  I just need to pick a pattern and match it to a fabric I already have.  I will be able to do that if I can just stay out of fabric stores!

Have fun with your next sewing project!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment