Sunday, June 30, 2024

 

Stash Bash

I am in the process of reducing my fabric stash.  It is a difficult process because I find as I sew items using my stash, I also add to my stash by buying more fabric and people I know keep giving me fabric.  I try not to buy fabric or accept gifts of fabric, but when I see pieces I like, I cannot resist. 

I recently reduced my stash by two pieces of fabric.  I decided to look in my stash for something I could use to make capri pants and a coordinated tee-top.  I wasn’t picky about the color, I just wanted to find something to use from my stash.  I found a piece of red pants-weight fabric that I purchased last year from Zinck’s Fabric Outlet in Ligonier, Indiana.  Then I searched for something that would coordinate with the red to use for a top.  I was open to either a knit or a woven fabric.  I found a piece of knit with prints of various colors (red, navy, pink, green, and yellow).  The red in the print is about the same as the color of the fabric I chose for the capri pants.  The knit is so old I can’t remember where I got it.   I found a piece of knit the same color  red that I could use for the neckband of the tee top.

For the capri pants I used an old Simplicity It’s So Easy pattern number 9674.  The pants have elastic in the waistband and a small slit at the hem at each side seam.  The only alteration to the pattern I had to make was the crotch depth.  The pattern went together quickly and the directions were clear and easy to follow.

I used McCall’s pattern number 6964 for the tee-top.  It is a pattern I have used to make numerous tops, so the alterations were already made.  The colorful top along with the red capri pants make a bright outfit, but I like bold colors so it is perfect for me. 

A picture of both garments is shown below.

 

If you have a stash of fabric that is too large, I hope you are successful in bashing it by sewing articles from it.  I know it is hard to resist buying more fabric, but try to look through your stash first.  You may already have fabric you could use to make anything you want!  Have fun bashing your stash.

Judy

1 comment:

  1. I really like this outfit and the colors are great! Thanks for the encouragement Judy!

    ReplyDelete